> Well... Hi ?
Feyrbr
post Sep 29 2014, 02:24 PM
Post #1

Peasant

Group: Members
Thank(s): 0
Member No.: 4,505

Hello ! First, I'd like to apologize if my english isn't that good.
So, it is a bit weird for me because I'm not really here to ask for a deban (for now !), but I'd like to know the reasons (well I know the reasons, I won't lie to myself) and especially the duration of it.
I'll try to explain the whole thing but it will be really vague : I can't even remember the day (I think it was Friday...) and I don't even know the name of the map, I searched, but I can't find it :/ It is the map with "burn the tents" / "don't let the opponents burn the tents" as first objective, then "push the cart" / "don't let your opponents push the cart" and finally "capture the tower" / "..."

Context : I was Agatha, battle, sword vs sword, "u fegget brandicock", arrow in the knee etc... last objective, capture the tower, we failed, nobody cares.
I'm dead, 30s left, the tower is too far, I can't help. I'm tired, I see a teammate, I fight him, nice fight, so many teammates at spawn, let's fight guys, I kill you, and you, and you. Too much tk's. Match is over. Nom nom nom the exp, new screen, banned.

Here's the thing : I never wanted to bother people and I never will, I didn't want to act like a douche and I never will. When I did that, it was more like "30s left, let's have some fun and act crazy for the end of the match" and not "we're dead, fuck you, oh and you, you there, yep you too"

I understand bans, you have rules and I have to respect the rules, it's a simple thing, IG and IRL. But I can't understand the duration and the way the person did it. You play a game, someone TK, votekick, vote yes, goodbye dude, see you next game, end of story. But I, for a little bit of craziness at the end of a game, can't play anymore on your server. Even if playing on your server is a privilege and I shouldn't badmouth about it and people working on/for it, that decision is disproportionate.

I always try to be nice : say "hello", say "sorry", say "no problem", say "bye", I always try to respect the rules, I even tried to learn how to play different weapons (!) because it seems like people hate brandi users ! I like to act stupid with other people at the cata in stoneshill. I just want to have fun, and I don't like to kill the pleasure of the others. Am I sorry ? I am, really, but I never wanted to irritate these guys.

I don't know how your ban system works, if you have some 1 week ban, 2 weeks ban, I will understand (and accept) a temporary one, but I can't understand a perma one, and if it is one, I'm just asking you, please, to reconsider it, because I never, never, never wanted to play with people nerves and make someone mad.

Thank you for your consideration,
Feyrbr.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jen
post Sep 29 2014, 03:57 PM
Post #2

Man at arms

Thank(s): 9
Member No.: 4,347

To get this straight

Did you start teamkilling people in the spawn before the actual end of round (when kills/deaths still count on the scoreboard)? If so then am not surprised you got banned tongue.gif

If it was after the end of the round then it probly shouldn't have been a ban.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TurboMidget
post Sep 29 2014, 04:22 PM
Post #3

Knight Errant

Thank(s): 68
Member No.: 4,430

From what I've been told (I can't actually remember. Last friday was kinda hectic), I made the ban. If it was near the end of the match, it probably was what I like to think of as an 'emergency ban'. I use the player list thingy, specify a reason but don't go through the trouble of doing a temp ban via console.

As for the reason, I see it happening more and more these days. People go bonkers way before the match ends, just because they think they can't reach the fight in time (10 to 15 seconds is enough for that, by the way!). It still counts as intentional teamkill and I punish it as such, because the victims are those that ARE trying to reach the fighting in time or at least go in for a fist fight with the enemy. For most people it doesn't come across as doing 'something crazy' but as someone being a jackass, hence the ban.

As for the ban itself, that depends on you, Feyrbr. If you apologize and most of all, promise not to do it again, the ban can be lifted starting October 6th. That is assuming I actually made the ban. I'm still not sure, because I have no idea where I got the time to play chivalry last friday. Can you still remember a time (in GMT)?

+Quote Post
HackedPenguin
post Sep 29 2014, 04:48 PM
Post #4

Knight

Group: Old Git SM Members
Thank(s): 139
Member No.: 4,435

If it were up to me, I'd say we lift the ban. I've seen Feyrbr quite a lot on the servers and he's never doing anything stupid or breaking the rules. And he's one of those few who really seem to be sorry for doing what they did.

+Quote Post
GuyIncognito
post Sep 29 2014, 05:00 PM
Post #5

Sergeant

Thank(s): 85
Member No.: 4,476

I've also seen this happening more and more lately, and just like turbo I often also do the "emergency" ban under that circumstance. It's a behaviour that really pisses me off. Also agree with penguin in this case, feyrbr has been around for a long time and always behaves, so imo with an apology and promise not to do it again I say his ban should be lifted. But it's your ban turbo, so it is ofc up to you if and when smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jen
post Sep 29 2014, 05:46 PM
Post #6

Man at arms

Thank(s): 9
Member No.: 4,347

I don't think this was Turbos ban

--------------------

+Quote Post
TurboMidget
post Sep 29 2014, 05:58 PM
Post #7

Knight Errant

Yeah, me neither. I can't even remember playing chivalry that day. I was home at 5 pm and was up till 11 pm, arranging project stuff and having project members get off their lazy asses and start doing something this weekend. I'm not sure where I would've found the time to play huh.gif

+Quote Post
Dithyrambique
post Sep 29 2014, 06:32 PM
Post #8

Squire

Thank(s): 3
Member No.: 4,372

Maybe me, can't remember.

I still hate tkers who start early their work.

+Quote Post
Muk
post Sep 29 2014, 07:28 PM
Post #9

Squire

Thank(s): 2
Member No.: 4,374

If no one is sure who banned then it seems like this guy should get another chance anyway if its set to permanent.

+Quote Post
TurboMidget
post Sep 29 2014, 08:02 PM
Post #10

Knight Errant

I still think he should sit on the bench for a few days, up to a week. He was fully aware of what he was doing and he's a regular, so he undoubtebly knows the rules, too. And I still want his promise to not do it again.

But I can't understand the duration and the way the person did it. You play a game, someone TK, votekick, vote yes, goodbye dude, see you next game, end of story.

As for this, admins don't votekick. We either kick or ban. We've got a few more rights than the average player and we tend to use them.

+Quote Post
Feyrbr
post Sep 29 2014, 08:25 PM
Post #11

Peasant

QUOTE (TurboMidget @ Sep 29 2014, 05:22 PM) *
From what I've been told (I can't actually remember. Last friday was kinda hectic), I made the ban. If it was near the end of the match, it probably was what I like to think of as an 'emergency ban'. I use the player list thingy, specify a reason but don't go through the trouble of doing a temp ban via console.

As for the reason, I see it happening more and more these days. People go bonkers way before the match ends, just because they think they can't reach the fight in time (10 to 15 seconds is enough for that, by the way!). It still counts as intentional teamkill and I punish it as such, because the victims are those that ARE trying to reach the fighting in time or at least go in for a fist fight with the enemy. For most people it doesn't come across as doing 'something crazy' but as someone being a jackass, hence the ban.

As for the ban itself, that depends on you, Feyrbr. If you apologize and most of all, promise not to do it again, the ban can be lifted starting October 6th. That is assuming I actually made the ban. I'm still not sure, because I have no idea where I got the time to play chivalry last friday. Can you still remember a time (in GMT)?

I understand what you mean, it is true that it might be seen as a douche move, like, why the hell would you kill your teammates anyway, but as I said, I didn't do it to irritate people, and to be truly honest, I didn't even think this was a bad behaviour, I mean, I know that intentional tk's are prohibited, but I thought that acting foolish at the end of a game wasn't so bad. I was wrong and I apologize for that.

I don't know how to say it, but I have my own definition of fun, and I like to do with people what I like them to do with me (ok I'm pretty sure this sentence makes absolutely no sense...), personally, I won't be mad if a guy hits me at the end of a match, if I like to be (sometimes) stupid with people, I let them be stupid with me. Fist fights in a middle of a game, kneel before an enemy... doing "crazy" things are the things I like the most about the game.

About the fact that this happens more and more, well I must apologize again, I truly ignored this fact.

So, of course, I apologize, and I now understand it was a poor attitude so, yep, won't happen again.

QUOTE (TurboMidget @ Sep 29 2014, 09:02 PM) *
I still think he should sit on the bench for a few days, up to a week. He was fully aware of what he was doing and he's a regular, so he undoubtebly knows the rules, too. And I still want his promise to not do it again.

I made a mistake, I pay for it, seems pretty logical. Again, I promise it won't happen again, I'm now aware that acting crazy may be annoying for some people.

Thank you for your attention,
Feyrbr.

+Quote Post
MonkeyFiend
post Sep 29 2014, 09:03 PM
Post #12

Security and Projects

Group: Clan Dogsbody
Thank(s): 1098
From: A Magical Place, with toys in the million, all under one roof
Member No.: 1

The ban was made by me (whilst playing on a sneaky alt) after reading this the ban can be lifted. I not properly online ATM so can't lift it so one of the other guys can tonight otherwise I'll lift it tmrw

--------------------

+Quote Post
TurboMidget
post Sep 29 2014, 09:05 PM
Post #13

Knight Errant

Ah, a true sneaky monkey. Ignore everything I've said smile.gif

+Quote Post
AsDeR
post Sep 30 2014, 09:13 PM
Post #14

Knight Errant

Group: Old Git SM Members
Thank(s): 283
Member No.: 4,445

It's a growing problem that need to be stopped Feyrbr. People start tking 10 seconds before, then 20 second the next map, then 30 the next one. Then they complain about the kick/ban because "map was ending". Where is the limit? When does it stop being funny? 1 minute? I'll tell you, it stops being funny at 1 second left.
The game already has the system where you can TK freely once the time runs out, so respect that.

I too think Feyrbr is sorry and the ban should be lifted once the time is right. But let's keep trying to stop this behaviour, it only gets worse. Grudges go from map to map and it ends in madness.

PD: Sneaky monkey... playing as Farmer again ? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Feyrbr
post Oct 1 2014, 05:21 PM
Post #15

Peasant

I understand.
Anyway, thank you for the second chance.
And I will wait, no problem. Again, I accept the consequences.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th July 2024 - 08:19 AM
Sneaky Monkeys Clan :: MonkeyFiend.com