Kadey
post Mar 13 2011, 04:55 PM
Post #1

Squire

Group: Clan Members
Thank(s): 7
Member No.: 4,251

Right!

I've been having this particular BSOD STOP 0x00000124 error for a week or so, but only whilst playing BC2 so far. At first I thought it might be overheating as one time there were unusual temperatures on one core of my CPU, but as I don't overclock and a couple hours of Prime95 didn't raise the temperatures much above the low 50s C. I then ran memtest for ~9 hours overnight, and came up with no errors. I've also updated every driver I can think of.

Somewhat at a loss as to what might be causing it.

My specs are:

Gigabyte P67A-UD3 (Not B3 - yes, I know, probably should get that looked into even if its nothing to do with it)
Intel i5-2500k - Stock speed, not been overclocked
ATI Radeon 5850 - Also stock, not been overclocked
2x 2Gb G-Skill DDR3 stuff - ditto ^
Seagate HDD "320Gb"
WD HDD "500Gb"

No cards in PCI/PCIe slots bar the graphics card.

In an Antec 300, with a Thermaltake 750W Toughpower PSU, with fans, working. tongue.gif

Thanks if anyone has any ideas, if not, more headscratching it is!

--------------------
Hi!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MonkeyFiend
post Mar 13 2011, 07:18 PM
Post #2

Security and Projects

Group: Clan Dogsbody
Thank(s): 1098
From: A Magical Place, with toys in the million, all under one roof
Member No.: 1

95% likely this is graphics related. Firstly has anything changed:

updated anything recently? Specifically graphics and bios drivers?
Also you mentioned running Prime 95 (tends to hammer the CPU/Memory), but have you done any temp tests specifically for the graphics card?

Having ruled out gfx card overheating, it's likely the pci-express bus (with the gfx card in) is misbehaving: have you added any new hardware or changed the slot order of any of the components? Assuming nothing has physically changed, it's likely a misconfiguration of the port:

Have a look at this MS article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956115
Essentially the max payload size value doesn't match the root port of the pci bus and triggers the exception, hotfix in the link above

Finally a somewhat more obscure one is in the bios and see if there's a setting for 32 bit disk access (or high speed access) and check it's enabled. Likely it is, but am just covering bases.

ta

Monkey

p.s. Dont use vista! tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kadey
post Mar 15 2011, 09:05 PM
Post #3

Squire

Group: Clan Members
Thank(s): 7
Member No.: 4,251

It does seem to either be overheating or something else quirky going on under high load. Still only seems to be BC2 - though that's because I'm vaguely reluctant to really hammer it beyond seeing its getting a bit overheaty with FurMark or anything similar.

--------------------
Hi!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th June 2024 - 07:29 PM
Sneaky Monkeys Clan :: MonkeyFiend.com