> ChisCo Rail Network, is under construction
Chisel
post Jan 22 2011, 01:43 PM
Post #1

Page

Group: Clan Members
Thank(s): 0
Member No.: 4,268

The ChisCo railway network is currently under construction, the first station has already been completed in At Last, and the tracks have almost been built as far as Origin, will update this thread when the first route is complete and ready for use.

Once ready the stations should be fully automated with trains leaving roughly every 15 seconds, that is assuming I can find enough Iron Ore biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aki
post Jan 22 2011, 05:13 PM
Post #2

Sergeant

Thank(s): 1
Member No.: 4,259

Excellent ... um ... I have a subway station unfinished please feel free to connect and yes I'm evil and yes I cheated to get resources and yes I feel shame but no not enough to actually be that bothered. smile.gif Can't wait to see what you've been up to Chis smile.gif you can find my station in Straylight. Follow my underground to see where I go but in short it goes station > my house undermine > follows the road under ground until Aards house and Leborns mega castle of doom where it splits to hook up the Spleef arena or continues to my tree-house retreat out way beyond.

--------------------
Are we going to the same place, and if so can I come?

+Quote Post
Aki
post Jan 22 2011, 05:15 PM
Post #3

Sergeant

oh ... currently you have to break your way in at Straylight station as I haven't thought about doors yet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chisel
post Jan 22 2011, 11:27 PM
Post #4

Page

The first section of the railway is now complete and open for business, the stations are at At Last and the Utopia Institute for Redstone Technology.

The tracks should be free from mobs so it should be a smooth ride, but the carts occasionally go a little wonky so ChisCo apologises for any inconvenience. Refunds sadly are not available.

The nearest track at At Last heads to UIRT, the furthest track atr UIRT heads to At Last (I'll add signposts later).

+Quote Post
Aki
post Jan 23 2011, 05:59 AM
Post #5

Sergeant

Chisel my good man I salute you! You seem to have a far greater grasp of this than I! Fantastic work smile.gif I hereby hand you and ChisCo the keys and deeds to Straylight station and its underground tunnel network! I also pledge my allegiance to ChisCo and offer my labour under your instruction.

Also I removed all the dirt and grass from the track zones and replaced it with cobblestone in an attempt to prevent animal spawning also modified a booster station that seemed to glitch because it was over length. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aki
post Jan 23 2011, 09:00 AM
Post #6

Sergeant

However upon lonesome extensive study they do seem to glitch still sad.gif sometimes going invisible and then having a pile up for no reason but I think I've eradicated animals now. Perhaps a fully functioning automated express is unachievable for the moment? Maybe a pick a cart and go system would be better?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chisel
post Jan 23 2011, 10:16 AM
Post #7

Page

Yeah, I noticed just before I logged last night that despite everything being clear one cart stopped for no apparent reason, I think that when carts run through a section of the map that's not loaded they act differently. I'm going to try and work out a modification for the stations so the carts line up there and head down the track on the press of a button by a passenger so there'll be no empty carts on the track, carts with passengers (even sheep) seem to never have a problem.

+Quote Post
Cabletwitch
post Jan 24 2011, 04:18 PM
Post #8

Page

Member No.: 4,045

Any chance of a rail link out my way, Dr Beeching?

(Edit: I have 512 brand-spakning new track sections for your useage, fresh from the forges! I'll be on this afternoon around 2-5pm. Catch me then!)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chisel
post Jan 26 2011, 06:57 PM
Post #9

Page

I've got a ton of track to lay down in Aki's tunnels which will keep me busy for a few weeks so requests will have to wait I'm afraid.

The next links will be from UIRC to Straylight Central station, and then from there to the Spleef arenas.

+Quote Post
Chisel
post Jan 28 2011, 12:13 AM
Post #10

Page

QUOTE (Cabletwitch @ Jan 24 2011, 04:18 PM) *
Any chance of a rail link out my way, Dr Beeching?

(Edit: I have 512 brand-spakning new track sections for your useage, fresh from the forges! I'll be on this afternoon around 2-5pm. Catch me then!)

I don't think our play times match up, if you pop the track pieces in the At Last station storage I'll happily put them to use, if you can point me on the map where your place is at I can use them to head out that way as well if it's not too far off the beaten track.

Also the UIRT to Straylight central line is now up and running, beware when entering Straylight Central though, I had a creeper spawn in there while I was building so I think it may need more lighting.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th October 2024 - 12:39 AM
Sneaky Monkeys Clan :: MonkeyFiend.com